Motor Vehicle CO Scare at Kingsland Circle

by | Mar 24, 2017

At 02:50 this morning South Brunswick Police requested us to respond to Kingsland Circle for a strong odor of gas. While responding we were informed that there were three patients being evaluated, so we requested Kendall Park Fire Company to respond as an additional resource. Chief 240, Deputy Chief 250, Engine #4 (244), along with Ladder 223 and Engine 222 from the Kendall Park Fire Company responded to the call.

Upon arrival, the patients had been removed from the residence by Kendall Park First Aid Squad and the South Brunswick Police Department officers. Fire crews entered the building and found high levels of carbon monoxide throughout the home, which was caused by an automobile left running in the garage. Kendall Park and Monmouth Junction First Aid Squads transported the patients to a local hospital. Crews ventilated the building to remove the carbon monoxide. The building was then checked again to make sure all of the CO was removed before the home was secured.

Robert Wood Johnson Paramedics along with Public Service Gas were also on location. The Kingston Fire Company thanks their fellow emergency service providers for their assistance.

All residents are reminded that they should have a working carbon monoxide detector in their home. We also remind you to change your batteries in your Carbon Monoxide Detectors as well as your Smoke Detectors twice a year.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More Announcements & Incidents

Share This
X