Exterior Fire on Electrical Panel at DoubleTree Hotel

by | Aug 24, 2020

We were dispatched at 17:16 for a fire in an electric box outside of the DoubleTree Hotel on Route 1. Deputy Chief 250 arrived to find an electric box burning about 20 feet from the building.

Investigation showed that the fire had originated in the main transformer box for the hotel and put smoke into the first floor of the building. The building was evacuated, and Kendall Park Fire Company was requested to assist.

Also responding was Chief 240, Engine #3 (243), Engine #5 (245), Rescue #2 (242), Chief 220, Deputy Chief 230, Ladder 223, and Special Services 227. Crews cleared the scene at 19:00. Also responding was O.E.M. Fire Coordinator 290, South Brunswick Police, South Brunswick E.M.S., South Brunswick Fire Safety and Public Service Electric and Gas.

We thank everyone for their assistance.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More Announcements & Incidents

Share This
X