Neighboring Business Caused CO Illness at Pet Smart

by | Feb 27, 2017

At 15:42 this afternoon we responded to Pet Smart on Route 1 for fumes in the building with employees feeling ill. Chief 240, Deputy Chief 250, Engine #5 (245), Rescue #2 (242), and Special Services #6 (246) responded. Crews had a slight smell of gas in the building. Further investigation showed high levels of CO in the former Staples store. Crews set up fans to ventilate the store. South Brunswick EMS transported two patients to the hospital. South Brunswick Police responded and evacuated the building prior to our arrival. South Brunswick Fire Safety also responded out at the request of Chief ,240.

We thank South Brunswick Police, South Brunswick EMS, and South Brunswick Fire Safety for their assistance

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More Announcements & Incidents

Share This
X